Watersound, FL Watersound, FL Real Estate | Homes For Sale In Watersound, FL
Situated on the coast of South Walton and just off of Scenic Highway 30A sits the beautiful, private community of Watersound, FL. White sugar-sand beaches and dreamy grasslands unique to this Florida coastline make this one of the most sought-after destinations for vacationers and homeowners alike. Keep reading to learn more about this idyllic beach community.
Of course, the location is the main reason to visit or live in Watersound! Nestled between Deer Lake State Park and Camp Creek Lake, there are endless ways to enjoy Florida’s natural beauty. Watersound’s convenient location allows you access to winding boardwalks and coastal trails that lead to quiet, secluded beaches. Take in the picturesque views while fishing, kayaking, or simply relaxing on the beach. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy Florida’s remarkable outdoors, and it’s all steps away from the private grounds of Watersound.
Shopping, Entertainment, and Dining
There’s no dispute that the main attraction of Watersound is the pristine coastline, but plenty of other fun activities make this area truly special. Venture outside the Watersound gates to The Hub and enjoy fantastic restaurants, shops, and live music. Just a short walk from Watersound, this bustling area has something for everyone. Live entertainment is a nightly occurrence during the primary season, and in the off-season, you can enjoy football games or movies on the jumbotron with a nice cold beverage in hand. Keep an eye on their events calendar and enjoy The Hub with the whole family.
There’s no shortage of great food and drink offerings between live events. Duos All American Eats is a favorite, offering all your classic American dishes like hotdogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, and more. If you’re looking for something more coastal, try Hooked Sea to Table and enjoy fresh, chef-inspired seafood from the Gulf. Macho Taco boasts “Mexican-inspired soul food” and is an excellent spot for lunch, dinner, or a snack.
The Hub is the spot if you want to do a little shopping. Full of boutiques, art galleries, salons, and more, there is plenty to see and do at this 30A favorite.
- Adaro Art – Run by world-renowned artist Francisco Adaro, this design gallery is fun and colorful
- Mermaids of 30A – Find your next favorite piece of coastal jewelry, art, or pottery at this beloved shop
- Nicole Paloma – This is your go-to for original, hand-made clothing
- Anthea Le Jardin – Uniquely curated store of art, fine jewelry, lifestyle accouterments, and fresh flowers
- Salt Air – Rent a custom beach cruiser bike and see 30A in style
Play a Round at a Nearby Golf Course
Watersound, Florida may be most known for its white sandy beaches and beautiful water, but it’s also gaining popularity for its gorgeous greens. Home to some of the area’s premier golf courses, Watersound is loved by golfers of all skill levels due to its impeccable setting. Read about some of the many area golf courses below.
- Camp Creek Golf Course: Designed by Tom Fazio, this course is one of the top-rated and most beautiful courses in northwest Florida. Strategically planned within a significant wetland system, this course showcases the natural beauty of its surroundings – you’re sure to enjoy the scenery, including sandy dunes, grasslands, and even alligators, birds, and deer. Known as one of the more challenging courses in the area, Camp Creek Golf Course offers a five-tee configuration to accommodate all skill levels and a teaching facility, driving range, and practice facility.
- Watersound Origins: Located within the gates of the Watersound community, this short course was designed to make playing golf fun, easily accessible, and attractive to avid golfers and families alike. The ten-hole, par three layout features rolling greens and native landscaping – sure to enhance your time in Watersound.
- Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club: One of the longest-standing golf courses in the area, this club was established in 1969 and – according to Golf Magazine – is “The purest golf in the Florida Panhandle.” As the only course along the 30A corridor with two holes that back up to the Gulf of Mexico, the experience here is something special. Spanning over 85 acres, this private club underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in 2021 and is truly a golfer’s paradise – complete with a private pool, beach access, and fine dining.
Find Your Dream Home In Watersound
Whether you’re looking for your forever home or a vacation home, few places are better than Watersound, FL. Contact the experienced professionals at Counts Real Estate today to learn more about this beautiful community and start your dream home search.